Arizona State University, with six campuses throughout the Phoenix area, is one of the largest universities in the country with a total enrollment exceeding 100,000 students and over 800 degree programs. ASU Now and ASU Events comprise the nerve center for current events throughout the university. These sites are curated by a dedicated team of editors working with articles submitted to the site from any of approximately 200 contributors across the university. With the coming retirement of Drupal 5, this was their opportunity to update the design and create a mobile friendly experience while upgrading to Drupal 7.
- Custom content web services api enabling mobile applications and websites throughout the university.
- Migration of 12,000 legacy articles spanning 15 years from Drupal 5 to Drupal 7.
- Mobile Responsiveness
- Progressive headless / decoupled web application.
- Multi-step content moderation and publishing workflows.
- University-wide content hub accepting and sharing articles across the universities' department web sites and mobile applications.
- University-wide events hub scheduling and publicizing events for all aspects of the university.
- Drupal 7
- Pantheon Web Platform
Four years later, the ASU Now site is still going strong. We know, because our founder’s wife is one of the 160 trained content editors contributing to this site. Following this project we continued to work with ASU to build sites for their University Technology Office (uto) and contributed modules to the web platform used throughout the university.